Business Operations Department
To provide the highest degree of customer service, open communications, strong internal controls and financial transparency - utilizing training and technology - geared towards enhancement of student success.
- Develop, maintain, and operate a sound and reliable financial accounting system and corresponding procedures, including internal controls.
- Perform accurate and timely recording of financial transactions; and timely production and analysis of financial reports and statements.
- Process payments to all vendors and providers of goods and services to instructional and supporting programs accurately within a timely manner upon receipt of invoices.
- Maximize the utilization and preservation of cash assets through timely and accurate investments in accordance with the established investment policy; receipt, record, deposit, and disburse all Board of Education funds timely and accurately; and administer accounts receivable effectively.
- Provide quality, prompt, and courteous services to all employees of the school system, and external customers.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Financial accounting and reporting;
- Payments to vendors and other providers;
- Cash management operations;
- Maximize recovery of Medicaid funds.