• On Wednesday, May 6, State Superintendent of Education Dr. Karen Salmon announced that all Maryland public schools will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. A letter from CEO Dr. Monica Goldson is forthcoming with more information.

    El miércoles, 6 de mayo, la Dra. Karen Salmon, superintendente de educación del estado, anunció que todas las escuelas públicas de Maryland permanecerán cerradas por el resto del año escolar 2019-20. Próximamente se enviará una carta de la Dra. Monica Goldson, directora ejecutiva, con más información.

    Le mercredi 6 mai, la Surintendante de l'éducation de l’État, Dr Karen Salmon, a annoncé que toutes les écoles publiques du Maryland resteront fermées pour le reste de l’année scolaire 2019-2020. Une lettre de la Directrice exécutive, Dr Monica Goldson, suivra avec plus d'informations.

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    Frequently Asked Questions


    What will I need to enroll my child?

    The McKinney-Vento Act requires that children experiencing homelessness be enrolled in school without delay. When registering, parents will be asked for school records, birth certificate, and immunization records. If the parent does not have all of these items, the child will be enrolled and the school will work with you to obtain these documents.

    Who is the school-based liaison for families experiencing homelessness?

    The school's Registrar and the Professional School Counselor are designated as liaisons for families that are experiencing homelessness. The school-based liaison is responsible for giving you a copy of the parent and student rights under the McKinney-Vento Act, providing you a list of family resources and working with you to complete the McKinney-Vento Program's Homeless Student Services form.

    How will my child get to school?

    Transportation will be provided for students to the school of origin or the school within the residential boundaries, except for students who live within walking distance.

    How do I ensure my child receives services provided by the MVP office?

    Parents must complete the MVP Student Services form each year that the child continues to live in temporary housing. Failure to complete this form prior to the start of each school year can result in a delay of services, to include a delay in transportation services.

    Who do I call if there is a delay in enrollment?

    Contact the MVP Office if you have questions or concerns regarding enrollment.