French Immersion High School
GRADES SERVED: 9-12
LOCATIONS: Central High School
9201 E Hampton Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
WEBSITE: Immersion Programs
SOCIAL MEDIA: @PGCPSImmersion
The French Immersion Program at Central High School is a continuation of the K-8 programs at Dora Kennedy French Immersion School and Maya Angelou French Immersion School. The students from these schools come together at Central High School in 9th grade to continue their study for the French language. Students take French Language Arts and one other French course each year in addition to their required high school classes.
- Students also have the opportunity to take the DELF B1 and, if they qualify, the DELF B2 to demonstrate their high level of French language proficiency for future employers and academic institutions.
- Students have had opportunities to visit France and interact with students from French schools.
- Students continue to build their level of French language proficiency.
Choose this program if your child...
- was a student at Dora Kennedy French Immersion School or Maya Angelou French Immersion School
- and you want your child to continue to build on and demonstrate a high level of French language proficiency
Who can apply
- Students from Dora Kennedy French Immersion School and Maya Angelou French Immersion School should select continuity in the Spring to the Central High School program at the end of the 8th grade.
- Students who did not attend our K-8 French Immersion schools, but currently possess a high level of French language proficiency and would like to test in for any available spots.
When to apply
Choose continuity from Dora Kennedy French Immersion School or Maya Angelou French Immersion School during the Spring of your child’s 8th grade year.
The testing application for students who would like to test into the program opens October 1 of every year and closes May 15 of every year for the following school year.
Access Grades 1 and above testing into the French Immersion Program