Creative and Performing Arts (CPA)
- Kindergarten - Grade 5 (Lottery Program)
- Grade 6 - Grade 8 (Creative and Performing Arts Program)
- Hyattsville Middle School (North County within a specific boundary, Grades 6-8)
- Thomas Pullen Creative and Performing Arts Academy (Central County, Grades K-8)
- Benjamin Foulois Creative and Performing Arts Academy (South County, Grades K-8)
Department of Creative and Performing Arts
Thomas Claggett Teacher Leadership Center
2001 Addison Road S
District Heights, MD 20747
WEBSITE: Creative Arts Program
TRANSPORTATION: Transportation provided for in-boundary students
The Creative and Performing Arts (CPA) program is designed to develop the interests and talents of students in the arts and enhance the academic discipline through an interdisciplinary approach. This interdisciplinary approach stresses creativity, artistic expression, self-discipline, critical thinking skills, and an appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Superior ratings at district and state level performance assessments
- Students create prize winning projects in district and state level competitions
- Students have endless opportunities to perform at the district, state, and national level
Choose this program if your child...
- Demonstrates skills in Art, Dance, Music, Theatre, and Media Arts
- Is interested in a career in the Arts
Who can apply
- Students entering Grades Kindergarten - Grade 5 apply through the lottery process
- Students entering Grades 6-8 at Thomas Pullen, Benjamin Foulois, and Hyattsville must audition.
When to apply
Apply during the annual Specialty Program application window. See the Specialty Programs Application for the full schedule.
Specialty Programs Application