GRADES SERVED: K-12
- Full French Immersion- Dora Kennedy French Immersion School, Maya Angelou French Immersion School
- Partial Immersion- Central High School
Immersion Programs Office
9201 E Hampton Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
WEBSITE: Immersion Programs
SOCIAL MEDIA: @PGCPSImmersion
TRANSPORTATION: Transportation provided for in-boundary students
Students learn French, while learning the same grade level material as other PGCPS students. Immersion Programs schools prepare students to bilingual, biliterate, and bi-cultural. Many of our graduates have earned the Maryland State Seal of Biliteracy on their diploma.
- Many students qualify for the Maryland State Seal of Biliteracy
- Immersion Programs schools prepare students to be college and career ready by learning another language and learning about another culture.
Choose this program if your child...
- Shows interest in learning another language
- You would like your child to learn another language
Who can apply
Students can apply for our lottery programs the school year before they will be Kindergarteners. Students can test in for any available spaces in Grades 1 and above for our lottery programs.
When to apply
- Kindergarten lottery applications are accepted during the lottery window which is traditionally November - January
- The application for testing in the program for Grades 1 and above opens in October and closes May 15th for the next school year.
Access Grades 1 and above testing into the French Immersion Program
Apply to the French Immersion Program - Kindergarten Only