International High School at Langley Park
The International High School at Langley Park (IHSLP) was opened in August 2015. Housed in the historical Annapolis Road building in Bladensburg, Maryland, IHSLP challenges its students to develop their critical thinking skills, improve their language proficiency, and take ownership of their learning through a competency-based system. With over 85% Hispanic students and 95% that identify as low-income, IHSLP aims to create a college-going and college-completion culture that supports students’ future goals. Our first cohort of students graduated in May of 2019.
- PERSONALIZED: Every learner is supported in developing a personalized learning plan so that it reflects their interests, needs, and aspirations.
- MASTERY-BASED: Classes are organized to make sure each student reaches the learning goals for the course.
- COMMUNITY ORIENTED: Students gain the confidence and leadership skills needed to be advocates in their communities. Community partnerships offer students and their families academic, leadership development, health, legal aid, and other social services
Choose this program if your child...
- is an English language learner
- is looking for an opportunity to be college and career ready while learning English at the same time
- Take a look at our brochure for more information
Who can apply
- Are you currently in 8th grade?
- Do you speak a language other than English and need more help in developing your English skills?
- Will you be 16 years old or younger on the first day of school?
When to apply
December to February