GRADES SERVED: K-5
9601 Fallard Terrace, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Chesapeake Lighthouse Foundation 6151 Chevy Chase Drive Laurel, MD 20707
WEBSITE: CMIT Academy South Elementary Public Charter
SOCIAL MEDIA: Twitter: @EsCmit Facebook: CMIT South Elementary School Instagram: @cmithsouth_es_tigers
TRANSPORTATION: Families are expected to provide transportation
CMIT STEAM-focus Elementary School will encourage students to take part in age suitable problem solving that inspires innovative research.
- STEAM Education
- Small School Setting
- Free Tutoring by Subject Teacher (After-school Tutoring & Saturday Academy)
- Extracurricular Activities (After-school Clubs & Academic Teams)
- Students are exposed to the Early Awakening of STEAM Subjects with various classes. STEAM exposure occurs in all content areas but is focused in the following courses are Technology, Lego, Makers’ Lab, Art and Music classes in addition to differentiated Math, Science, RELA, Social Studies Classes.
- Weekly free Afterschool Clubs in the areas of PE, Science, Performing Arts, Music and free Saturday tutoring.
- With an extensive student support team and counselling programs students improve their leadership skills. CMIT South Elementary has a student debate club, student council club etc.
- Parents participate in a paid before and after school enrichment program.
Choose this program if your child...
If scholars are curious about learning and experiencing new things in all areas in science, technology, engineering, art, math, early engineering skills to early biology knowledge. We also have a focus on teaching students leadership skills that will impact learning in all areas of academia.
Who can apply
Students entering K-5 grade may apply and students will be chosen by the lottery system
When to apply
Applications are accepted during the lottery window which is traditionally November - January
Apply to Public Charter Schools Lottery