Kaiser Permanente - Group Medical Insurance and Prescription Coverage
- The medical plan offered by Kaiser Permanente is called Kaiser Permanente HMO plan with the SignatureSM network
- This plan includes:
- Prescription and vision all included in a single plan—no additional premiums
- ten out-of-network medical visits for certain physician, laboratory and radiology services, and five pharmacy refills a year with any licensed provider outside of the Kaiser Permanente care delivery system, anywhere in the United States
- Voluntary plan whereby employees must enroll within 35 days from their date of hire or during Open Enrollment using Oracle Self Service
- PGCPS pays pays 75% of the monthly premium for medical insurance, the PGCPOS share increases to 80% after 8 years of service. The employee pays the remainder through payroll deduction
- Premiums are deducted on a pre-tax basis
- Customer Service at Kaiser: 301-486-6000 or Kaiser Permanente microsite
About the Plan
- Kaiser Permanente microsite for PGCPS employees
- If you elected Kaiser Permanente as your health insurance provider download the Kaiser Mobile App and register to login to My Account to have access to benefits at your fingertips. Visit your app store to download.
Wellness and Preventive Services
The link below leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data:
This summary is intended only as an overview of the benefits PGCPS offers. The contract governs the administration of the benefits.