News Release: New Principals on Board for 2022-23 School Year
June 29, 2022
For Immediate Release
Office of Communications
UPPER MARLBORO, MD – Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) is welcoming eight new principals for the 2022-23 school year. While some will be first-time PGCPS administrators, most were promoted through the school system’s “growing our own” initiative, which offers school leadership training and mentoring.
The Board of Education approved the following new principal appointments for the 2022-23 school year:
- Portia Barnes, Eleanor Roosevelt High School
- Melissa Nankin, International High School at Largo
- Warren Tweedy, Andrew Jackson Academy
- Cecil Miller, Stephen Decatur Middle School
- Rebecca Turner, Kenmoor Middle School
- LaKeishia Strother, Kettering Middle School
- Ruben Chiza, Maya Angelou French Immersion School
- Debra Evans, Kenilworth Elementary School
Additional appointments will be announced in August.