The Maryland State Retirement Agency administers Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) Retirement Plan.
Planning for retirement you should:
- Create a mySRPS account on the Maryland State Retirement Agency (MSRA) website. This account allows you to estimate your monthly benefit.
- At least three years prior to retirement attend a MSRA Pre-Retirement seminar or webinar.
- Contact a Retirement Coordinator at 301-952-6600 to assist with applying for retirement and or any additional service credit.
- Purchase of Service - Applies to employees who were on an approved leave of absence during their employment.
- Military Credit - To claim military credit you must have at least 10 years of creditable service with MSRA
Maryland State Retirement and Pension System Educational Videos