Who is Eligible for Services
- A student may be eligible for services if the anticipated absence is at least 20 consecutive school days and the student’s inabiliy to attend school is verified by a medical practitioner.
- School-based accommodations must first be explored and exhausted prior to consideration for Home and Hospital Teaching support.
- A student’s home may not be used as an instructional setting for a student with a disability who is awaiting placement in a non-public special school or a change in placement.
- Students are expected to attend school to the fullest extent possible
- Must be verified by a licensed physician or a certified nurse practitioner
- Educational placement in the home, for a student with an emotional condition may not exceed 60 days and must be verified by a licensed psychiatrist or psychologist.