New Teacher Certification
- Completed Maryland Department of Education Application.
- Certification Fee Authorization Form.
- A copy of a current Maryland or Out-of-State teaching certificate.
- A copy of all test taken for certification.
- Official transcripts.
- Verification of Experience from previous school systems.
Get certified through MSDE
- Valid 2 years for 12 credit hours or less plus test .
- 2 certificates, valid 2 years each 13+ credit hours plus test(s).
- Provisional Contract (valid 1 year).
- Conditionally certified teachers must complete 6 semester hours of credit towards full certification by the end of the first conditional certificate year.
- Courses may be taken for undergraduate or graduate credits.
- Reading course may be taken as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
- Failure to complete certification requirements by the expiration date of a current conditional certificate will result in termination.
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Sasscer Administration Building is open on Monday - Friday by appointment only.
- Additionally, the U.S. mail delivery to the office is delayed. Any correspondence that can be scanned/emailed will receive a prompt response.
Hours of Operation
7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sasscer Administration Building
14201 School Lane 108
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Diane Eaches - Credentialing Technician
Walter Smith - Credentialing Technician
Brittany Mack - Jr. Certification Partner
Laurie Brock - Certification Advisor
Brenda Chapman - Certification Advisor
Linda Lee - Certification Advisor
Jennifer Wildberger - Senior Certification Partner