Dr. Micah Pate, Principal
August 7, 2023
Dear Cooper Lane Elementary School Scholars and Families,
It is with great excitement that we welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year! The start of the new academic year is upon us, and we are eager to start fresh. We trust that all scholars and families enjoyed the summer break. With each new year comes the possibility of new scholars and families joining our Cooper Lane Elementary School family. We would like to welcome all of our new families, whether you are joining us from another school in the district or have relocated from another city, state, or country. We are excited to share all that Cooper Lane has to offer and believe you will soon feel, as we do, that Cooper Lane is a special place for all children. Thank you in advance for entrusting us with your children.
The summer break included much-needed relaxation for both of us! I had the opportunity to travel with my family this summer. We enjoyed spending time relaxing on the beach and making new memories as a family. Mrs. Walker-George spent time celebrating two college graduates and traveling with her husband for some fun in the sun!
We look forward to sharing our 2023-2024 goals with you soon! Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for the following upcoming events:
- August 18th - 9:00 a.m. - PTSA Sponsored Flea Market
- August 25th - 9:00 a.m. - Pre-Kindergarten Parent Orientation
- August 25th - 10:00 a.m. - Kindergarten Parent Orientation
- August 25th - 11:00 a.m. - New Student Orientation
- August 25th - 12:30 p.m. - 1:55 p.m. - Back to School Block Party (Families will have the opportunity to find out who their scholar’s new teacher will be this school year)
- August 28th - First Day of School - All Students
- September 4th - Labor Day - No School
- September 8th - 8:30 a.m. - Grandparents Day
- September 8th - 10:00 a.m. - PTSA Parent Volunteer Workshop
- September 19th - 5:00 p.m. - Back to School Night - All Grades
Please note the following in preparation for a great first day of school:
- School Supply List - Please visit www.pgcps.org/cooperlane/ for the current list.
- Uniforms - We are a mandatory uniform school. All students MUST be dressed in full uniform on the first day of school. Please see our website: www.pgcps.org/cooperlane/ for details regarding school uniforms.
- Arrival - School doors will open for all students at 7:25 a.m. Students should not arrive before 7:25 a.m. as there will be no adult supervision. Parents/Guardians who arrive early must wait with students until the doors open. These procedures are designed for the safety and well–being of all students. Students will be marked tardy at 7:46 a.m.
- Visitors - All visitors are required to provide a copy of their government-issued identification that includes the visitor’s name, date of birth, and photo. Please remember SAFETY FIRST!
- Breakfast - Breakfast will be served in the classroom to all students and will end at 7:45 a.m.
- Traffic - To maintain a safe and orderly environment, please use extreme caution while driving through the school parking lot. Please follow the direction of our traffic team at all times. Please remember SAFETY FIRST!
- Parking - We strongly encourage you to park along Cooper Lane.
- Dismissal - Early Dismissal ends at 1:30 p.m. Afternoon announcements begin at 1:45 p.m. All students will walk out of the building beginning at 1:55 p.m.
- Students riding licensed Day Care Vans registered with Cooper Lane ES will be dismissed according to the arrival of the van.
Let’s get ready to have another great year of teaching and learning at Cooper Lane Elementary School.
Dr. Pate & Mrs. Walker-George