Skip Navigation

Auto and General Liability Claims

We understand that accidents do happen and want to ensure that you as an employee (or affected party) are aware of how to report the accident and are provided with the document needed to do so in a timely manner.  It is imperative that you report any loss or damages immediately to the Risk Management and Workers' Compensation Office that are related to the Prince George's County Public School system's facilities or property.

Most claims are losses from damages to property/equipment and injuries to people.  Examples include:

  • LOSS BY DESTRUCTION - Property may be damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, wind, breakage, or deterioration.
  • LOSS BY CONFISCATION - Property may be confiscated by an act of crime such as theft, embezzlement, robbery, burglary, forgery, and conversion.
  • LOSS OF USE - When property is destroyed or confiscated, the loss is often increased because of the indirect loss, e.g., loss of income, interruption of activities and extra expenses to continue operations. Much greater than the loss to physical property, is the loss of records and data which are vital to the operation of the Board of Education.
  • LOSS BY NEGLIGENCE - Liability claims can be incurred when persons are injured or property of others is damaged or destroyed due to negligence arising from PGCPS activities and programs.

If you have suffered a loss due to either of the above, you may refer to the details below.


How to Report a Claim

In case of an accident, exchange pertinent information at the accident scene with local authorities with lease amount of conversation without admitting guilt or fault. To report a claim, you may call CorVel at 1-800-774-2447.  CorVel is Prince George’s County Public School’s Third-Party Administrator for Workers' Compensation and Liability Claims. 


To file a Workers' Compensation Claim, you may contact the Injured Employee Hotline at 1-800-774-2447.  Call this number to report your workers' compensation claim prior to seeking medical attention for all work-related non-life-threatening injuries.

For questions related to Workers' Compensation, you may send an email to  For all other questions, you may send an email to the Risk Management mailbox at