Greetings, Avalon families.
I am honored to be the Principal of Avalon Elementary School. I am committed to our mission and vision, and it is my utmost joy to see our students excel and succeed. I view our parents, families and communities as our partners in their success. Thank you for allowing me to serve this community. I consider it my honor and privilege to be here.
Effective communication and exemplary customer service to parents and families are also top priorities. I am here to listen and do my best to address concerns, in a timely manner. Please use the following methods to connect and communicate with me.
* Phone Calls/Messages – If you would like to speak to Mrs. McCoy, please feel free to call the school. If you leave a message for Mrs. McCoy and do not receive a return call within 48 hours, please send Mrs. McCoy an email.
* Principal’s Email – Mrs. McCoy’s email is email@example.com.
* Principal's Corner - Held every last Wednesday of the month. (Join Zoom Meeting
https://pgcps-org.zoom.us/j/93276305330?pwd=NEN1NmtUNEordHVHOUtqdDFPeEgxUT09; Meeting ID: 932 7630 5330
* Robocalls - If you are not receiving calls from the school, please verify your information in SchoolMax.
* Follow us on Twitter @AvalonEagles
You may also schedule a conference with the Principal, to discuss any concern you may have. Please call 301.449.4970 and speak to a member of the Front Office staff.
Grateful to serve,
Avalon Elementary School
We will continue with the car rider system for the current school year. Families will be assigned new numbers. A letter will come home on the first day and throughout the week. Once the letter is returned, the student will bring their car rider number home. Teachers will confirm that a car rider number has been assigned directly to the parents. Please call the school with questions.
Greetings Avalon Families. This is a reminder that during our dismissing of students, no child is permitted to be left unattended at the park. In addition no student is to be picked up at school or the park in an UBER or taxi cab. A sweep of the park will be conducted at the conclusion of dismissal and unattended students will be brought back to the school. Thank you for your attention to this important safety reminder.