Skip Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  • How do I update my home information?
    • To update home information, come to the guidance office and complete a new blue registration form. While completing the registration form, provide us with a copy of your lease, deed, or settlement papers.
  • How do I verify that I've done Service Learning hours?
    • Come to guidance and pick up a Service Learning Verification form. Have your supervisor and parent sign the form. Return the form to the guidance office. Note: The verification form has changed and students must use the new form to document their service learning as of January 1, 2008.
  • Where can I do my Service Learning hours?
    • Service Learning hours may be completed in any non-profit agency on the approved county list. Exceptions to the non-profit rule are licensed daycare facilities, nursing homes, and hospitals. Approved sites can be found at this link.
  • How old must I be to get a work permit, and where do I get one?
    • You must be 14 years old to get a work permit. One may be obtained from the guidance office once you have been selected for employment. Students must see their counselor to get verification of their work permit.
  • What information do I need to enroll my child at Beltsville Academy?
    • If you are coming from a County school, you will need your withdrawal paperwork from the previous school and proof of residence, such as your lease, deed, or settlement papers.
    • If you are coming from out of county you will need the withdrawal paperwork from the previous school, your lease, deed or settlement papers, your child's birth certificate which includes the parent's name, and up-to-date immunization records.
  • How can I schedule a conference with my child's Teacher?
    • Call you child’s counselor at 301-572-0630 to schedule a conference with your child's teachers. Conferences are held once a week.
  • How do I request make-up work when my child has been absent from school?
    • Call the secretary in the Guidance office at 301-572-0630. Give your child's name, dates of the absence, and if you know them, the names of your child's teachers. There is a two day turn around when requesting work, as teachers need time to prepare the request. Requested work is picked up in the guidance office.
  • How can I see how my child is doing in class?
    • Activate your account on the SchoolMax Parent Portal. The Parent Portal allows you to view your child's grades in the teachers' gradebooks, as well as attendance and discipline data. The Parent Portal is up to date and linked with the teacher's gradebook/attendance book. Click on Schoolmax Family Portal Training located on the home page of this website for instructions.