Our Brighter Bites grocery distribution program will begin on October 15th at Laurel ES. This program is free and does not require any pre-qualification. distributions will take place bi-weekly beginning on the 15th. Please use this link to register and reach out with any questions.
School attendance plays a major part in your child’s academic success.
• Too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school and makes it harder to learn how
to read and do math.
What You Can Do To Help
• Ensure that all school-age children in your care are in school and on time daily.
• Set a regular bedtime and morning routine.
• Lay out clothes and pack lunches and backpacks the night before.
• Try not to schedule dental and medical appointments or extended trips during school day.
If your child is absent from school please complete the following absent form to record your child's absence.
Prince George's County Public Schools are participating in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Program. LES is one of 124 schools selected to participate in the program for the 2023-2024 school year.
What does this mean for our school?
* Breakfast and lunch are free for all students.
* Families will not be required to complete the meal benefit application for their student/s.
* Snacks and beverages will be sold a la carte.
*Funds can be deposited in the school lunch accounts for purchase of a la carte items.
* Students will continue to use their lunch account PIN number for meal service.
Please take a minute to read the ESSA and Title 1 Parent and Family Engagement Policy.
Greetings LES parents/guardians,
What an amazing first week of school we had at LES! I want to take this opportunity and thank everyone who stopped by during the week to introduce themselves and share their well wishes for a successful school year. Our student’s success is heavily impacted by the support of the adults that are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to shape and develop their young futures. Therefore, having an open line of communication between the school house and the student’s home is vital. I will be sharing a bi-weekly newsletter that will communicate information about teaching and learning here at LES. It will also contain key dates and friendly reminders of key happenings and events at LES and/or PGCPS. Your continued support and partnership, setting high expectations, along with a world class educational experience will ensure all of our students are prepared to succeed in life.
Just a Friendly Reminder:
1. Car riders and walkers should arrive between 7:25-7:35am. This will provide students enough time to eat a well-balanced breakfast that will support their cognitive development, while also allowing time to settle in and get prepared for the day. Our instructional day begins promptly at 7:45am.
2. Please ensure they walkway and sidewalks are clear during dismissal to ensure walkers and bus riders have a clear path. This will help our staff ensure students are exiting the building
in a safe and orderly manner. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
3. Students must be in uniform daily. Please refrain from allowing students to wear Crocs, slides, and shoes with heels, as they pose a safety hazard.
4. Students are permitted to wear necklaces/chains but they must be placed inside their tops to ensure their and other students safety.
5. Please ensure you have joined your student’s classroom Dojo as this will be our schools primary means of communication.
September 8, 2023 6:00-8:00pm/Location: Rear of the building on the field
Back to School Bash: It’s time to bring your blankets, lawn chairs and dinner and enjoy bonding with our school community, music, and just a relaxing time.
September 16, 2023 /Location: Outdoor
Please join us as we take some time to beautify our grounds to ensure we have a welcoming environment for students, staff and families. Time and additional information forthcoming.
September 21, 2023 6:00-7:30pm/Location: Classrooms
The schedule will be split into two sessions (schedule below) to accommodate families with students in multiple grades. This is the opportunity to meet the staff, check out the classroom, and hear about what students will be learning and how you can support your student at home.
6:00-6:40pm/ Session 1
6:45-7:25/ Session 2
7:25-7:30/ Exit the building
Greeting LES parents/guardians,
We are excited to welcome students back to school tomorrow! Please see important information below. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we navigate arrival and dismissal for the first two week s of school.
We thank you ahead of time for your support.
School hours: 7:25am-1:55pm
Dress code: Students must wear uniforms
• Family members will not be permitted into the building to escort students to their classrooms. Staff members will support students who require assistance. Please say your “I love yous”, and “Have a great day”, before students enter the building to allow teachers and students to get acclimated.
• If you need assistance with registration, the main office will be open. You will be asked to have a seat until someone is available to assist you.
• Car riders: Please use 6th street entrance as it provides a safer transition into the building.
• Walkers please use the sidewalks at all times.
• Bus lane loop is only for PGCPS buses and no vehicles will be permitted.
• Pre-kindergarten students will be dismissed from the cafeteria.
• Kindergarten students will be dismissed from the double blue doors adjacent from the blacktop in front of the building.
• Car riders will be dismissed to 6th street
• Walkers will be dismissed from the main entrance.
• Request for early dismissal ends at 1:15pm. Students will not be dismissed from their class until you arrive in the main office.