Reading and Language Arts
Tips for Reading with Your Child
- Do it every day and pick a regular time. By doing so, you demonstrate that reading is important.
- Read the book before you read it aloud. Reading aloud is performing. You will do a better job if you are familiar with the book.
- Read books you like. If you like a book, the odds are your child will also. Start by reading books you enjoyed as a child.
- Read articles from magazines, newspapers, and other materials aloud.
- Read for information and for fun!
"The more that you READ, the more things you will KNOW. The more that you LEARN, the more places you'll GO." ~Dr. Seuss
Activities in Reading and Language Arts
Students reading a book together
Students listening to a story
Students with a book and puppets
Students studying reading
Group of students in Reading Together (R2) t-shirts they decorated