PTSO. Be Informed. Get Involved.
Why join PTSO? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Organization is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help HMS.
But there are many more PTSO advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at HMS.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSO offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTSO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSO, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTSO can be a way for you to suggest change more effectively at HMS.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at HMS, you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSOs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Membership is FREE. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent teacher student organization.HMS PTSO is a nonprofit parent/teacher organization.
Our mission is to promote open communication and understanding between parents and staff of the Hyattsville Middle School. Our efforts serve to enhance and maximize the education of every child while aiding them in achieving their highest potential. The PTSO sponsors assistance to teachers in classroom setting, holds fundraisers for supplemental educational materials and experiences, supports school and family social interaction, and provides a non-biased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our children.
PTSO encourages parent, teacher and community involvement by providing programs that facilitate so. These activities may include energy conservation, reading programs, science programs, math programs and others. It is our belief that the team effort of a parent teacher organization offers the best possible learning environment for our children. Please get involved!
In order to contact PTSO, email: Hyattsvillemiddleptso@gmail.com
or join us on our Facebook page: Hyattsville Middle School Parent Teacher Student Organization