Mandatory Uniform Policy
The Mandatory Uniform Policy at the Kingsford Elementary School is based on the Board of Education Policy 0114 regarding school uniforms. All students must be in full uniform each day. When shopping for school uniforms, shoes, and accessories, please adhere to the guidelines below. Students will have opportunities to dress down and show their individualism on specific days of the year, however, it is imperative that students follow the guidelines daily.
- Light Blue Polo Shirts
- Navy Blue, Light Blue or White Sweaters/ Cardigans (No Hoodies)
- Navy Blue Slacks/Pants; Skirts or Jumpers
- No jeans, cargo pants, yoga pants, or leggings
Shoes or Boots
- Black shoes, sneakers, or boots (should be 75% solid black)
- No light-up shoes or shoes with wheels.
Here are some uniform examples.
- All students are provided with a closet hook to place their belongings when they arrive. Students will not be permitted to walk around the building with heavy coats and bookbags.
- The temperature in classrooms varies throughout the year. Students are permitted to wear a sweater or lightweight jacket during the day if necessary. The lightweight jacket should be navy blue and free of logos, slogans, or emblems. Large coats/jackets/windbreakers may not be worn in class.
- Jean jackets or hoodies are not permitted.
- All shirts and blouses must be worn tucked in.
- Black boots can be worn but should have heels no higher than 1 1/2 inches (for safety during PE and recess). Boots must be laced and tied and, if worn with pants, should be under the pants leg.
- Head Coverings: Headdresses can be worn indoors for religious or health reasons ONLY. Bandanas and hats are not permitted. Students choosing to wear them will be asked to remove them.
- Pants/shorts must be worn at the waist and with a black or brown belt (K-2 grade students - belts are optional due to toileting difficulties). Shorts, skirts, and skorts must be the proper length. When a student stands with arms to their sides, the shorts, skirt, or skorts must be longer than their fingertips